Filters eliminate noise on the telephone line caused by your VDSL modem. A microfilter is required on each telephone extension that is not connected to the VDSL modem. Flow will provide a maximum of three (3) free filters. You may purchase additional filters from Flow.
No, you will need an VDSL modem. We offer specific VDSL modems for specific plans with term contracts.Our modems are EC$5 monthly. The rental of the modem is non refundable. You May purchase our own modem but Flow will not guarantee that it will work with our service.
Yes, our VDSL technologyis available island-wide. Our FTTH technology is limited to specific areas at this time.
Your application will be processed and your line will be tested for VDSL or Fibre to the home compatibility.
Even if FTTH is not currently available in your area, please fill out an application form since we are working hard to expand our FTTH service. Your application helps us know where FTTH is most needed.
The requirements are:
- An VDSL compatible phone line from Flow.
- An VDSL modem that is compatible with Flow's Broadband service.
- A Flow microfilter for each telephone or fax machine.
- An VDSL modem that is compatible with Flow Broadband VDSL service.
- A PC with a processor of at least 333 MHz and 32 MB of RAM.
If you would like to discuss buying VDSL service from Flow please use the Chat funtion to tal to one of our customer service team or use the "Contact Us" pages.
- Install anti-virus - Viruses are everywhere so install anti-virus software which will constantly update and protect your computer.
- Monitor your kids' internet use - Keep your computer somewhere where you can see what your kids are doing. Make sure you have Parental Control software and learn more about the risks to kids.
- Use spam controls - Make sure you have spam controls on your email.
- Use a firewall - Broadband connections allow others to come and take over your computer if you don't use a firewall.
- Be suspicious of scams - Many scams circulate over the internet and are often a way of getting you to hand over your personal details and take your money.
- Don't download files or emails - Be suspicious of all emails or downloads that people send you unless you know where they are from and they look genuine.
- Keep your computer in good shape - Ensure your software is up to date, back up your data and upgrade your computer periodically.
- Block Spyware - Spyware (also known as Adware or Malware) can infect your system monitoring what you do. You should install and use an anti-Spyware programme to clean this up regularly.
- Don't give out your personal information - 'Phishing' is a new internet phenomenon where a site or service pretends to be an established legitimate business in order to con people into giving away their private information.
- Use Common Sense - General vigilance is your best weapon. Risks are out there, so only trust people and sites you know.
Your Internet connection can seem slower from time to time often, the cause is simply that a large number of people are trying to use the Internet at the same time as you.
Here are some steps you can take try and speed things up:
Reboot your broadband modem. You can do this by turning it off at the electricity, waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again. Turn off file-sharing programs (also known as Peer to Peer software, or P2P). Examples of this kind of software are Napster, Kazaa, iMesh, eMule and so on. This type of software can consume a large chunk of your connection speed. Remember, too, that your broadband speed can only be as fast as the connection of the person you are downloading from. If you're running a home network, connect your broadband device directly to one computer and recheck your speed to rule out local network problems.
If you're using USB, we recommend that you switch to Ethernet to get the best possible results over Flow broadband. Advanced user If you're an advanced user comfortable with using Windows DOS commands, you can also try refreshing the Windows TCP/IP component. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is used to send data between computers, however it can become damaged. FLOW however will not be able to support you with these advanced settings.
The actual speed that you may received is affected by a number of factors such as how far away you live from the telephone exchange. We provide services ranging from 1Mbps to 50Mb in most countries. To check what is available in your country / area please chat online to one of our agents or use the "Contact Us" area of the website.
Yes, you may upgrade to a higher package at any time. Why not arrange it now by chatting to one of our customer service team or using the "Contact Us" pages to make your request.
Yes, as with any Internet connection security should be taken seriously. FLOW recommends that you install a personal firewall for your security. A firewall may be purchased locally or downloaded from the Internet. It is your responsibility to determine what is best for you.