If you miss a call, this feature allows callers the ability to leave you a voice message.
- From your home phone, dial 4319900 or (2736245). If you are accessing Voicemail for the first time, you will hear “Welcome to your Voicemail. We are now going to set up your voicemail with a PIN. You only have to do this once. With a personal PIN your mailbox is more secure and can be accessed only by you.”
- The first time you call voicemail, your temporary passcode will be 1234. You can change this to a passcode of your choice, which can be 4 to 10 digits long.
- If you have already set up your voicemail, you will hear “Please enter your current PIN after the tone.”
- If you are at home dial 4319900 or 2736245 and enter your PIN
- If you are away from home dial 273-MAIL and enter your 11 digit telephone number (1-246-XXX-XXXX) and enter your PIN.
Allows you to have multiple numbers with different ringing tones
Smart ring gives you the convenience of multiple phone numbers on your existing line without additional equipment. A unique ringing pattern is associated with each new Smart Ring number. This distinctive ringing service is very attractive as it allows adults to differentiate their calls from those of their children.
- With Smart Ring you do not have to activate or deactivate; it is always on
- When the phone rings you will hear different ring tones depending on the number that is called.
- Even though you may have up to three numbers, you can only make one outgoing call at a time
Display a different name
The feature allows a customer to personalize the name displayed when callers receive a call from the customer’s home phone. There are exceptions such as vulgarity etc. which will not be accepted. This feature cannot be activated by the customer.
Remove number from telephone directory
This feature delists numbers from the telephone directory as well as blocks the customer's number so that when they are making calls the number is not visible to persons with Name and number display. I.e. Only the customer's name M Jane displays.
Block outgoing long distance callsThis feature will prevent users from making long distance calls. Long distance calls are calls to numbers outside of Barbados.
Automatic Recall allows you to dial back the number of the last call received, even if you couldn’t answer in time.
- Pick up the handset and listen for a normal dial tone.
- If you were already on the phone and ignored a call waiting tone, depress the plunger/ring off button/switchhook and release quickly
- Dial *69; after you dial *69, a voice will give you the phone number of the call you missed and ask you if you want to use the Automatic Recall feature, just follow the voice instructions
- If the line is busy, hang up. Your phone will keep trying the line for up to 30 minutes
- A special call back ring alerts you if the line becomes free. (some phones ring normally)
- Pick up the handset to automatically place the call
- Press *89
- Listen for confirmation tone or announcement, then hang up
To restart the 30 minute clock, repeat steps 1 through 4Automatic Recall can check as many as 31 busy lines at once for you. To know which call is being completed you must subscribe to Calling Number service. Additionally, this service does not work for 800 or 900 numbers, numbers outside the specified serving area, or on lines that have been call forwarded.
This feature allows you to block unwanted calls from disturbing you.
To set up:
- Pick up the handset and listen for the dial tone
- Press *60, listen for an announcement which indicates how many (if any) numbers are currently stored on your rejection list
- Follow the voice instructions and dial 3 to turn the feature on (if it is currently off) or turn the feature off if it is currently on.
- To add the last caller to your rejection list, Press #01#
- To hear the phone numbers on your list, press 1. After the list is read, voice instructions will follow.
- To add a number to your list, press #. Follow the instructions you will hear. You can store up to 31 phone numbers on your rejection list.
- To remove a number from your list, press *. Follow the instructions to remove any or all of those numbers from your list.
- Press 07 to delete one number; 08 to delete all numbers; 09 to delete private numbers.
- To hear the instruction again press 0
This feature keeps redialling busy numbers and tells you when the line is free.
- When you hear a busy signal, depress the plunger/ring off button and release quickly. Listen for a special dial tone.
- If you'’'ve already hung up, pick up the handset and listen for a normal dial tone.
- Press *66.
- If the number is still busy, hang up. Your phone will check the number for up to 30 minutes.
- A special call back alerts you if the line becomes free (some phones ring normally).
- Pick up the handset to automatically place the call.
- Depress the plunger/ring off button and release. Listen for a special dial tone.
- If you’ve already hung up, lift the handset and listen for normal dial tone.
- Press *86
This feature lets you call a second person while you're already on a call and include them in the call.
- To hold your first call, press the plunger/ring off button again for one second.
- Dial the number of the third person.
- When the third person answers, you may talk privately without the first person hearing you or you may add him/her immediately to the three-way conversation.
- To join him/her immediately, just press the plunger/ring off button again for one second.
- To discontinue the third party/the last person called, press the plunger/ring off button once again for one second. The third person is now disconnected
This feature allows you to automatically transfer incoming calls to another number of your choice.
- Lift receiver and listen for dial tone.
- Dial *72.
- Dial the telephone number to which calls are to be forwarded. The feature is activated when someone answers the number you are forwarding the call to.
- If called party is busy or does not answer, depress plunger/ring off button momentarily and listen for dial tone. Redial telephone number as indicated in steps 2 and 3. Listen for two beeps and hang up. Even if you receive no answer, call forwarding is established.
- If you dial a wrong number, depress plunger/ring off button momentarily and listen for dial tone. Redial telephone number as indicated above.
- Each time a call is forwarded your phone will make one short ring.
- You can still make calls when Call Forwarding is on.
To Discontinue Call Forwarding:
- Lift receiver and listen for dial tone.
- Dial *73.
- Listen for two beeps. The feature is now deactivated.