Porting is the term used by the operators (or service provider) to describe the process which moves your number from one operator to another.
You will be able to use the ECTEL MNP service from the Monday 03 June 2019. The Mobile Number Portability service is available to all mobile subscribers within in all ECTEL countries (Dominica, Grenada, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia and St Vincent & the Grenadines).
No, a number may only be ported within each ECTEL country.
No, mobile numbers can only be ported to other mobile service providers.
The NTRC and ECTEL has published information on number portability on their websites at Mobile Number Portability. For more information you may also contact the local NTRC email email@example.com or telephone NTRC at +1 758 458 2035/452 6871 or ECTEL’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ectel/ email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone ECTEL at +1 758 458 1701.
Provided that your number has not been barred or restricted from making outgoing calls, you are eligible for porting. You will still remain liable to pay any outstanding balance due to your current provider.
1. Go to the retail shop or authorised dealer of your chosen new service provider to request a new telephone service, and tell them that you would like to keep your number. (Please note that porting can only be undertaken by visiting the retail shop or authorised dealer of your chosen new service provider and is not available by telephone or online).
2. The staff will ask you to complete an application form together with a “Porting Request Form”.
3. You will be asked to provide:
• Proof of identity, either a passport or driving licence.
• If you have Post-Paid Account, a copy of a recent mobile/ cellular bill from your current service provider. The name on the recent bill must match the name on the corresponding photographic identity document used to authorise the porting request. In the case of business accounts, proof of authorisation to deal with the account by the person submitting the request must be given.
4. You will be asked to send a text from your phone to the special porting number 77678.
5. You will receive text confirming that your request has been received.
6. Provided your number is not barred or suspended due to non-payment or any other reason, your order will be processed and you will be informed of its progress by text.
7. Your order will be processed and you will be informed of its progress by text.
8. Under normal circumstances your porting will be completed within one working day after you complete your request. At that time your number is moved to your new service provider, you will receive a text message asking you to change to your new provider’s SIM card and your previous provider’s SIM card will stop working. During busy periods the port may take longer to complete.
9. When this happens, put the new SIM card provided by your new service provider into the phone you wish to use. If you are unsure how to do this, you can go into the retail store or authorised dealer of your new service provider and they will be able to help. Your service will only be briefly interrupted for the time it takes to insert the new SIM card from your new service provider and power up your phone.
10. The process is complete.