If your modem becomes damaged due to your own negligence, you'll be charged $345.00 (VAT incl.) for a replacement.
The requirements are:
- An ADSL compatible phone line from Flow.
- An ADSL modem that is compatible with Flow's Broadband service.
- A Flow microfilter for each telephone or fax machine.
- An ADSL modem that is compatible with Flow Broadband ADSL service.
- A PC with a processor of at least 333 MHz and 32 MB of RAM.
If you would like to discuss buying ADSL service from Flow please use the Chat funtion to tal to one of our customer service team or use the "Contact Us" pages.
Due to the limitations of the ADSL technology, ADSL may not available in some areas. Your application will be processed and your line will be tested for ADSL compatibility. Even if ADSL is not currently available in your area, please fill out an application form since we are working hard to expand our ADSL service. Your application helps us know where ADSL is most needed.
ADSL, Asysmmetric Digital Subscriber Line, is a technology that achieves more bandwidth over existing copper telephone lines.
Flow Broadband offers you the benefit of using internet AND voice services on the same line, at the same time, without any time-based internet charges OR internet related local call charges.
Flow Residential Broadband comes in two varieties metered plans and non-metered plans. They both use ADSL technology.
Your Internet connection can seem slower from time to time often, the cause is simply that a large number of people are trying to use the Internet at the same time as you. Here are some steps you can take try and speed things up:
- Reboot your broadband modem. You can do this by turning it off at the electricity, waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
- Turn off file-sharing programs (also known as Peer to Peer software, or P2P).
- Examples of this kind of software are Napster, Kazaa, iMesh, eMule and so on. This type of software can consume a large chunk of your connection speed. Remember, too, that your broadband speed can only be as fast as the connection of the person you are downloading from.
- If you're running a home network, connect your broadband device directly to one computer and recheck your speed to rule out local network problems.
- If you're using USB, we recommend that you switch to Ethernet to get the best possible results over Flow broadband.
- Advanced user: If you're an advanced user comfortable with using Windows DOS commands, you can also try refreshing the Windows TCP/IP component. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is used to send data between computers, however it can become damaged. Flow however will not be able to support you with these advanced settings.
The actual speed that you may received is affected by a number of factors such as how far away you live from the telephone exchange. We provide services ranging from 256k to 8Mb in most countries. To check what is available in your country / area please chat online to one of our agents or use the "Contact Us" area of the website.
Yes, you may upgrade to a higher package at any time. Why not arrange it now by chatting to one of our customer service team or using the "Contact Us" pages to make your request.
Browsing protection protects your computer on several levels:
Safety ratings for web sites:
You can see safety ratings for web sites listed on search engine results and in web mail Content. The safety ratings help you avoid web sites that contain security threats, such as malware (viruses, worms, Trojans). They protect you against the latest Internet threats that are not yet recognized by traditional antivirus programs. The safety rating for a site can be one of the following: safe, suspicious, harmful or unknown.
Exploit shields protect your computer against vulnerabilities that have been found in programs installed on your computer. Exploit shields identify and prevent malicious web sites from using such vulnerabilities to, for example, force an unauthorized download that contains malware.
Process monitoring (in Deep Guard):
Deep Guard monitors and blocks attempts to load malware into your web browser. If the Browser becomes infected, the functionality of a trusted
Yes. Instant protection against new threats, viruses, worms and spyware Global protection in 60 seconds from first confirmation of a new threat. Our technology with instant recognition of both safe and malicious software enables lightning fast protection against new threats. In addition the updates several times a day to provide so you can safely use your computer enabling you a rich digital life.
Protects your computer against hackers you can keep your private data to yourself with the personal firewall that stops hackers from breaking into your computer. Helps you stay free from spam e-mail and phishing attempts The software filters unwanted spam and e-mail schemes designed to steal your private information as well as blocks access to suspicious and malicious websites.
Low impact on system resources Optimized to provide optimal protection while using as little system resources as possible so you can enjoy using your computer while feeling confident and safe.