Do I need a special telephone to use my FLOW line?
No. You can use any ordinary telephone on your FLOW line. Please note: Cordless phones operating at 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequencies may receive interference from wireless Wi-Fi networks that operate on the same frequencies, which may result in the call quality being adversely affected or even calls dropping. To avoid this, we suggest you choose a handset that operates in a different frequency band.
Do I need an internet connection to make international calls?
No. You don’t need an internet connection to make any calls using Flow’s phone service.
Is there an additional fee for Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting and other standard calling features?
No. These calling features are all included with your package when you subscribe to FLOW.
There’s no dial tone.
If you don’t have a dial tone, here’s a list of things to check:
- First make sure the coaxial cable (from outside) is securely attached to the back of the modem.
- Next, make sure it’s not cracked or broken. If it is cracked or broken, please call our Customer Care Call Centre at 1 800-804-2994.
- Double-check that the modem is securely plugged into the electrical outlet.
- Make sure the modem’s power and battery lights are on.
- Check that your phone cables are securely plugged in and are not cracked or broken. If necessary, secure the connections and replace the cracked or broken cords.
- Finally, make sure that all phones connected to the line are hung up properly.
There’s a dial tone, but I can’t call out.
Follow these steps for a cordless phone:
- Make sure there’s electricity going to the wall outlet where the phone base for is plugged in.
- Check the battery indicator on the handset to see if it needs charging.
- Double-check that the phone is working properly. Try connecting a phone that you know for certain is working. If you still can’t dial out, then please contact our Customer Care Centre at 1 888 303-3000.
- See if you’ve got a pre-recorded message on your phone about temporary suspension of service. If you do have this pre-recorded message, please contact FLOW's Customer Care Centre at 1 800-804-2994.