Flow provides to business and consumer users several information technology related services, including such service as Internet access, various electronic mail (email) packages and services, World Wide Web hosting arrangements, and other online and Internet-related services. It is contrary to Flow policy for any user of any of these services to effect or participate in any of the following activities through a Flow-provided service:
1. To post messages substantially similar in content to ten (10) or more Usenet or other newsgroups, forums, listservs or other similar groups or lists (each a "List");
2. To intentionally post to any List articles which are off-topic according to the bulletin board or other owner-published FAQ or description of the group or list
3. To send Unsolicited E-mail, if such Unsolicited E-mail could reasonably be expected to provoke complaints. Except as otherwise defined under applicable law, "Unsolicited E-mail" does not include any message addressed to an individual (i) with whom the sender has a preexisting and ongoing business or personal relationship, (ii) from a non-commercial organization or entity of which the individual is a pre-existing member or (iii) a posting to a List that does not otherwise violate this Policy
4. To interfere with other users use of a Flow service;
5. To falsify user information provided to Flow or to other users of the service in connection with use of a Flow service;
6. To post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, 'Trojan horses' or any other contaminating or destructive features
7. To engage in any of the foregoing activities by using the service of another provider, but channeling such activities through a Flow account, remailer, or otherwise through a Flow service or using an Flow account as a maildrop for responses or otherwise using the services of another provider for the purpose of facilitating the foregoing activities if such use of another party's service could reasonably be expected to adversely affect a Flow service;
8. To engage in any other activity which is either in violation of law, threatens the integrity of any computer system, or violates generally accepted standards of Internet conduct and usage including but not limited to denial of service attacks; web page defacement; port and network scanning and unauthorized system penetrations.
Flow considers the above practices to constitute abuse of our service and of the recipients of such unsolicited mailings and/or postings, who often bear the expense. Therefore, these practices are prohibited by Flow's terms and conditions of service. Engaging in one or more of these practices may result in termination or suspension of the offender's account and/or access to Flow services in accordance with the customer's agreement with Flow.
In addition, Flow reserves the right, where feasible, to implement technical mechanisms which block postings and messages as described above before they are forwarded or otherwise sent to their intended recipients. This policy addresses only the kinds of network abuse specifically enumerated above. In addition to these activities, Flow's terms and conditions of service also prohibit other forms of abuse such as harassment and the posting of illegal or unlawful materials, and Flow will respond as appropriate to these other activities as well. Nothing contained in this policy shall be construed to limit Flow's actions or remedies in any way with respect to any of the foregoing activities, and Flow's reserves the right to take any and all additional actions it may deem appropriate with respect to such activities, including without limitation taking action to recover the costs and expenses of identifying offenders and removing them from the Flow service, and levying cancellation charges to cover Flow's costs in the event of disconnection of dedicated access for the causes outlined above. In addition, Flow reserves at all times all rights and remedies available to it with respect to such activities at law or in equity.
Many of the Flow services we provide on this Web Site require your use of access codes or user ID's such as a login ID as well as a password or Personal Identification Number (PIN). Flow takes the safeguarding of such user information seriously. We also encourage you, the customer, to take steps in protecting your personal information. We encourage you to keep such user information confidential at all times and we recommend that you change your password or PIN on a regular basis. If you think your PIN has been compromised, change it and contact us immediately.
You have a responsibility for the protection of such personal logon information and although Flow has implemented measures to safeguard such information on our servers, Flow shall not be liable for damages of any kind for loss arising from such information being compromised, due to your failure to safeguard such information or for third parties unauthorized access to or use of such information.
No Warranty or Liability
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED VIA THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. MOREOVER, NO WARRANTY IS MADE THAT OPERATION OF THE FLOW WEB SITE SHALL BE ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED. REFERENCES TO CORPORATIONS, THEIR SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL FLOW BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR UNAVAILABILITY OF THIS WEB SITE; THE INACCURACY OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR AVAILABLE VIA THIS WEB SITE; OR ARISING OUT ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR AVAILABLE VIA THIS WEB SITE.
Modification of This Policy
Flow reserves the right to update this AUP from time to time. You are expected to check this website page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as such updates are legally binding on you once. Some of the provisions contained in this AUP may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site or written documents issued to you.
Effective July 3, 2012.