- Install anti-virus - Viruses are everywhere so install anti-virus software which will constantly update and protect your computer
- Monitor your kids internet use - Keep your computer somewhere where you can see what your kids are doing.
- Make sure you have Parental Control software and learn more about the risks to kids.
- Use spam controls - Make sure you have spam controls on your email.
- Use a firewall - Broadband connections allow others to come and take over your computer if you don't use a firewall.
- Be suspicious of scams - Many scams circulate over the internet and are often a way of getting you to hand over your personal details and take your money.
- Don't download files or emails - Be suspicious of all emails or downloads that people send you unless you know where they are from and they look genuine.
- Keep your computer in good shape - Ensure your software is up to date, back up your data and upgrade your computer periodically.
- Block Spyware - Spyware (also known as Adware or Malware) can infect your system monitoring what you do. You should install and use an anti-Spyware programme to clean this up regularly.
- Don't give out your personal information - 'Phishing' is a new internet phenomenon where a site or service pretends to be an established legitimate business in order to con people into giving away their private information.
- Use Common Sense - General vigilance is your best weapon. Risks are out there, so only trust people and sites you know.
There are several things that you can do to try to fix the fault for yourself. These easy steps should get you back up and running quickly.
- Check line for dial tone.
- Ensure all lines are filtered.
- Make sure bill is up to date.
- Ensure there are no outstanding reported faults for your telephone service.
- Reboot your modem - To do this Turn the modem on by pressing and holding the power button to the front for about 20 seconds. The power light flashes until solid green.
- If there is a problem with the modem, the power light is solid red - you will need to contact Flow to fix this.
- If the DSL light is off completely, then there is no line sync - you will need to contact Flow to fix this.
Still unable to access internet service? Why not chat to our agents, use the "Contact Us" pages of the website or email us.
Flow Security Suite is a software application, which provides protection from online viruses and other malicious risk whiles on the Internet.
Yes. Instant protection against new threats, viruses, worms and spyware Global protection in 60 seconds from first confirmation of a new threat. Our technology with instant recognition of both safe and malicious software enables lightning, fast protection against new threats. In addition the updates several times a day to provide so you can safely use your computer enabling you a rich digital life. Protects your computer against hackers you can keep your private data to yourself with the personal firewall that stops hackers from breaking into your computer. Helps you stay free from spam email and phishing attempts. The software filters unwanted spam and email schemes designed to steal your private information as well as blocks access to suspicious and malicious websites. Low impact on system resources Optimized to provide optimal protection while using as little system resources as possible so you can enjoy using your computer while feeling confident and safe.
Browsing protection protects your computer on several levels:
- Safety ratings for web sites : You can see safety ratings for web sites listed on search engine results and in web mail Content. The safety ratings help you avoid web sites that contain security threats, such as malware (viruses, worms, Trojans). They protect you against the latest Internet threats that are not yet recognized by traditional antivirus programs. The safety rating for a site can be one of the following: safe, suspicious, harmful or unknown.
- Exploit shields : Exploit shields protect your computer against vulnerabilities that have been found in programs installed on your computer. Exploit shields identify and prevent malicious web sites from using such vulnerabilities to, for example, force an unauthorized download that contains malware.
- Process monitoring (in Deep Guard) : Deep Guard monitors and blocks attempts to load malware into your web browser. If the Browser becomes infected, the functionality of a trusted.
With the Parental Control browsing modes, you can define browsing times and web sites that are suitable for your teenagers and small children. You can give your teenagers more freedom to browse the Internet while having tighter restrictions on your small children's online activities. You can create and set up the Parent, Teenager, and Small Child browsing modes either with Start-up Wizard during the installation.
Small Child browsing mode - The Small Child browsing mode is active after you have installed the product or restarted the computer. When the Small Child mode is active : Anyone using the computer can access only those web sites that you have specifically allowed. Access to the Internet is allowed only during the scheduled time. All the web sites that you have allowed are listed on Parental Control Start Page that opens in the browser when the Small Child mode is active.
Teenager browsing mode - When the Teenager browsing mode is active : Anyone using the computer can access all web sites, except those that contain restricted or unwanted content, for example on drugs or adult material. Access to the Internet is allowed only during the scheduled time. If you have created both Small Child and Teenager browsing modes on your computer, tell your teenagers the password you created for the Teenager mode. When they enter the password, they can browse web pages that do not contain restricted material, and you have specifically allowed.
Note: If you turn Web Page Filter off, your teenagers can visit web pages and sites despite their content.
Yes, as with any Internet connection security should be taken seriously. Flow recommends that you install a personal firewall for your security. A firewall may be purchased locally or downloaded from the Internet. It is your responsibility to determine what is best for you.
Yes, you may upgrade to a higher package at any time. Why not arrange it now by chatting to one of our customer service team or using the "Contact Us" pages to make your request.
Your Internet connection can seem slower from time to time often, the cause is simply that a large number of people are trying to use the Internet at the same time as you. Here are some steps you can take try and speed things up:
Reboot your broadband modem. You can do this by turning it off at the electricity, waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
Turn off file-sharing programs (also known as Peer to Peer software, or P2P). Examples of this kind of software are Napster, Kazaa, iMesh, eMule and so on. This type of software can consume a large chunk of your connection speed. Remember, too, that your broadband speed can only be as fast as the connection of the person you are downloading from. If you're running a home network, connect your broadband device directly to one computer and recheck your speed to rule out local network problems.
If you're using USB, we recommend that you switch to Ethernet to get the best possible results over Flow broadband.
Advanced user - If you're an advanced user comfortable with using Windows DOS commands, you can also try refreshing the Windows TCP/IP component. TCP/IP (Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol) is used to send data between computers, however it can become damaged. Flow however will not be able to support you with these advanced settings.
Flow Broadband offers you the benefit of using internet and voice services on the same line, at the same time, without any time-based internet charges or internet related local call charges. Flow Residential Broadband comes in two varieties metered plans and non-metered plans. They both use ADSL technology.
ADSL, Asysmmetric Digital Subscriber Line, is a technology that achieves more bandwidth over existing copper telephone lines.
The requirements are:
An ADSL compatible phone line from Flow.
An ADSL modem that is compatible with Flow's Broadband service.
A Flow microfilter for each telephone or fax machine.
An ADSL modem that is compatible with Flow Broadband ADSL service.
A PC with a processor of at least 333 MHz and 32 MB of RAM.
If you would like to discuss buying ADSL service from Flow please use the Chat function to talk to one of our customer service team or use the "Contact Us" pages.