Website Privacy Notice
Liberty Latin America and all its subsidiaries and affiliates (“LLA”) are committed to protecting any personal information that you may provide to us. We want you to be confident in knowing that we treat your information with care and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We may update this Policy from time to time. Any updates will be posted on the Website and are effective as of the date first published. If at any time you find this Policy unacceptable, you should cease using the Website.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND YOUR AD CHOICES
- If you subscribe to email alerts or request information about LLA’s Services, we will collect your email address and other contact information.
- When you interact with us on social media, we may collect your username, real name, profile picture, and any information you choose to share with us on the social media platform.
- We may collect records of emails and chats with our representatives.
- We also collect information that does not directly identify you but can be associated with you and your use of devices, such as IP address, location, device numbers, and account numbers.
- We may also retain electronic communications you send to our investor relations department or representatives, webmaster or other employees or associates.
- You may disable cookies in your browser or mobile device using their settings menus. Your mobile device may give you the option to disable advertising functionality.
- The following industry organizations offer opt-out choices for companies that participate in them: the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
- Use our cookie settings menu.
If you exercise these options, please be aware that you may still see advertising, but it will not be personalized. Nor will exercising these options prevent other companies from displaying personalized ads to you. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences. We do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals at this time.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR JOB APPLICANTS
When you apply for a job with us, we may collect information from you, including:
- Information you provide in connection with your application.
- Information that you make available in your social media accounts.
- Information about you that is available publicly.
- Information that you authorize us to collect via third parties, including former employers or references.
In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for employment through a third-party service that displays our job posting. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect about how you use the Website and what device or devices you use for a variety of purposes, including to better understand how people use the Website, and to improve the Website. For example, statistics are compiled that show the daily number of visitors to the site, the daily requests received for particular files on the site, and from which countries those requests come. These aggregated statistics are used to customize our web site to better meet your needs and may also be provided to others. We may use location data to identify which of our affiliates provides services to you to provide relevant information related to LLA Services in your area. We may use information about you to deliver our and third parties’ advertisements to you on our properties or on third parties’ websites and mobile apps, measure the effectiveness of our advertising, and send you emails with promotions and offers.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share any of the information we collect from or about you with our subsidiaries, affiliates and vendors. Information collected through the Website may be shared and transferred as part of any change of our ownership or corporate organization.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your privacy and have taken key steps to protect your information. However, we cannot guarantee that these practices will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use, or disclose your information. For this reason, we recommend you take the necessary measures when using the Internet to protect your information.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION?
We may store information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFER
We are part of an international group of companies (the “Liberty Latin America Group”) and may collect, process, and store your information in various countries. We may also transfer your information within the Liberty Latin America Group and to our service providers. The data privacy laws governing the use and transfer of data in other countries may not be the same as those in your country; however, we will ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided to protect your information.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?